Engage 2 Act invites our members to come together to share, discover and be inspired by our love for the profession and practice of community engagement.
On the 13 and 14 September 2017, a group of people passionate about all things community engagement will be meeting in St Kilda, Melbourne, at the Engage 2 Act 2017 (un)Conference.
The focus of the (un)Conference is ‘for the love of community engagement’.
Is it the practice itself? The people we encounter? The tools and techniques? The great things we learn along the way? The capacity we create? The transformation we witness? The legacy we leave?
The (un)Conference will explore all of these themes and more. It is for people at all levels of the community engagement experience, from students and new practitioners, to our respected engagement elders. We ask that everyone come prepared to contribute, and to be stretched….and above all, ready to share the love.
• Three thought provoking keynote speakers to put you in the mood, to provoke your thinking and to challenge. Our speakers are the best of the best - Stephen Yarwood, Professor Lyn Carson and Desley Renton.
• Eighteen curated workshops, planned and selected in advance. Are you interested in presenting a workshop? Email us at email@example.com
• Twenty-four open sessions selected, designed and facilitated by participants during the (un)conference.
• Awarding of the inaugural Wendy Sarkissian Award for Courage in Community Engagement.
• Panel discussions with community members and decision makers.
• A networking dinner will be held at the Newmarket Hotel, 34 Inkerman Street St Kilda.
• Where: St Kilda Town Hall, 99A Carlisle Street, St Kilda 3182
• When: Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 September, 8.30am – 4.30pm
• Cost: $495 for full registration and $295 for concession. Registration covers all (un)conference materials and food and drinks (note, it does not cover alcohol at the networking dinner).
For more information, please contact the (un)conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org